At The Biscuit Box we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our website visitors or any electronic communications we may have. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
- Information about your visits to and use of our website, including, but not limited to, your ip adress, geographical location, length of visit, page views and website navigation.
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and the website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us or subscribing to our website services.
- Any information that you choose to send to us.
Cookies are small text files stored on your device when you access most websites on the internet.
However, please be aware that restricting or blocking cookies set on thebiscuitbox.co.uk may impact the functionality or performance of the website, or prevent you from using certain services provided through thebiscuitbox.co.uk. It will also affect our ability to update thebiscuitbox.co.uk to cater for user preferences and improve performance.
The following cookies are currently used on thebiscuitbox.co.uk:
|PHPSESSID||This is a simple token used by the content management system, WordPress, to identify your unique session on the website as you navigation around the site.||When browser is closed|
|_utma||Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website.These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||2 years from when set/update|
|_utmb||30 minutes from when set/update|
|_utmc||When browser is closed|
|_utmz||6 months from when set/update|
|viewed_cookie_policy||This cookie is set to ‘yes’ when you click on the “Accept” button that is contained in the message in the footer warning you about the website using cookies. Once set the message no longer appears.||1 year from when set|
|When visitors comment on The Biscuit Box, they will have cookies stored on their computer. This is purely for convenience, so that the visitor will not be required to re-type all their information again when they want to leave another comment in the future.||1 year from when set|
|woocommerce_items_in_cart||This cookie simply remembers the items in your cart.||When browser is closed|
|wordpress_logged_in||This cookie remembers that you are logged in, saving you from having to log in every time you access the site.||2 weeks from when set|
If you would like to prohibit The Biscuit Box from collecting cookies, you can update your privacy settings in your browser. You can control the kinds of cookies you accept there.
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- Enable your use of services available on the website.
- Send to you goods purchased via the website.
- Send statements and invoices to you.
- Send you email notification that you have specifically requested.
- Deal with any requirements or complaints you may have.
- Keep the website secure and prevent fraud.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Where you submit your personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
In many circumstances we will not disclose personal data without consent. However, we may disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- We sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
You mind find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
Phone: 01273 273591